Sunday, May 27, 2007

Assignment 3-Weblog

On Friday 25th of May my production crew I was involved in completed our first "Hello Riverina" Assessment. I thought we performed particularly well, especially the control room and Marcus as DA. I was in charge of tapes and I think I performed reasonably well, having my tapes ready on cue for all the practices and in particular the recorded run-through. The floor was good from the acting talent to the cable bashers with perhaps a slightly more energised room could be one of the few comments I could make.
On my overall performance, a few things i could have done is get to the studio a bit earlier- i got there 9 minutes early but the rest of the crew were already there and had started setting up. I could have gotten there a bit earlier and helped out on the floor once I had my tapes in and had found all the times to mark out on the tapes. Another thing I could have done is make sure that I had stopped the tapes once I no longer needed them as I apparently left one running at the end of the session.
My comment on working as the tapes operator is that it is a reasonable job as long as you stay focused, pay attention and keep calm. I found the tasks such as finding the right places on the tapes and playing certain tapes at the right time pretty comfortable. I think if you listen to the DA and stay focused tapes operator can be done pretty successfully as long as you don't mind the slightly cold temperature and the isolation.

No comments: